QUILTING 101 is a Beginning Quilt Class. Come learn the basics of Quilting with Andrea.
Supply List you will need for Class:
*Sewing machine- straight stitch required
*Optional: quarter inch foot, walking foot, and free motion foot.
*Sewing machine accessories: bobbins, needles, feet, power cord, etc.
* Seam ripper
* Pins: glass head quilting pins, or longer steel head pins
* Rotary cutter: 45mm size preferred
* 6" x 24" or 8.5" x 24" rotary ruler. 6" or 6.5" square ruler. Highly
* 18" x 24" cutting mat. A larger mat is available in class.
* Thread in a neutral color such as tan, cream, or light gray.
Good quality: for example: Mettler, Gutterman, Aurifil or Coats and Clark.
(avoid the 4 spools for $1 variety.)
* Own or have access to an iron and pressing surface. An iron and ironing board will be available in class.
* Fabric: 100% Cotton (Sisters Too can prepare a kit for you if needed)
~ Background fabric: 3/4 to 1 yard
~ Prints or Solids for blocks 1/4 yard each of 4 colors to make a quilt like the sample.
~ 1/2 yard for the binding. Could be one of the block colors.
~ 1 yard for backing fabric.
~ Batting will be supplied
Sign up today for this fun class!